Monday 13 April 2015

Getting more done, 10 minutes at a time

In my post last week "From anxious overwhelm to optimistic excitement in 10 minute blasts" I came up with an experiment to get things done without getting stressy by just doing 10 minutes at a time.

I'd managed to train for and complete a marathon by running just 3 minutes at a time, so it seemed entirely possible that it would work for my day job and home admin too.


This morning, in an article on Fast Company, they covered this very subject in "Why Saying This Four -Letter Word Can Transform Your Productivity".

How timely!

So, from now on, I will not only be working in 10 minute bursts, I will also be shouting "Done" every time I complete something on my list.

This sounds like a sure-fire way to activate my brain's reward system to get a buzz from doing something real, instead of something pretend.

I've had 10 "Done"s so far today and some of those things even took longer than 10 minutes. 

What a start to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment